- Environmental, social stability as mentioned in article by Daily Coffee News which inspired this conversation. jimmy-sherfey
- “Buyers have to be aware that if they want quality, they have to do their part, and it’s not a buck twenty a pound,” Salvadoran coffee producer Jaime Alvarez
- “We need to de-commoditize coffee, [we need] relationship coffee… Our costs are going up.”
Three Forces (The Three-C’s) that are acting upon El Salvador
- Violent gangs
- Co-Op debt and risk
- El Niño (Drought)
- Coffee Rust
- Sagging Commodities Market
Do we have a part? If so, what is it?
What CAN we do? Does it matter?
- Talk about it. Bring it to the surface.
- Have ideas, talk about those ideas, and do something about it.